Saturday, April 21, 2012

EB2012

Greetings all! I am en route to Experimental Biology 2012 in San Diego (actually started today but I had to teach yesterday). I will not be able to post much substantial until I get back.

I would like to take this moment to suggest that my fellow paleontologists also make a point of attending conferences with a neontological theme. I know that a handful of other paleontologists will be there at EB2012, but it would be great to see more of you at such gatherings. I also suggest that those who spend a significant amount of time working as theoreticians (myself included) take opportunities to exchange notes with experimentalists as much as possible.

Sure, some of us do a bit of experimental work, but I'm talking about the real down-and-dirty experimentalists. The ones that know their model organisms better than their own house. That's where most of our raw data ultimately arise (the other chunk comes from hardcore field biologists, who deserve similar respect).

Cross those discipline boundaries folks! See some of you in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment